Saturday, January 24, 2009

These guys need women in their lives




Ok, so I used to work at Best Buy when I was in college and I remember them making us do some stupid shit in the mornings. For example, they would have meetings at 6am to talk about how to sell more and yada yada yada, abd to make us "wake up" and become "energetic" they would make us do jumping jacksa and stupid games involving a hula-hoop and a few guys that have no lives outside of work. I hated that job. Watching this video made me think. Is retail really where these people want to be? I mean I look at these commercials (Mcdonalds, Best Buy, Wal-mart) and all of the employees look so alive and happy to be selling shit to douchbags, and when I say "shit" I mean the stuff you want, but don't want to pay full price for so you applied for the open position to get a discount. I'll say that 60% of people that work in retail are only there for the discount. Even more than that at Best Buy. I mean, you can get up to 80% off of some items. That's why I was there so long. 20% just need a job, and the other 20% actually want to work there and move up in the company and those are usually those assholes that you work with that brag about how many sales they've had...honestly who gives a shit? Really? Just give me my check and make sure you hold one of those flatscreens for me.

Ok, so I stemmed off a bit. In a nutshell, if you sat down and took the time to not only, write this song, but to find a wack instrumental, AND video tape it, you clearly have no life. Seriously. If I came in to work one day and they taped this with ME in it I'd quit just like I did gospel choir...I'd literally walk out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Circuit City Ruelz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!