Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Couldn't Make This Up!






So after my first day in Savannah, I didn't really like it. It just felt too "southern" to me. It's definitely a downgrade from Atlanta, but after talking to my mother and Franki, I decided to take a personal tour of the area. It's not as bad as I thought it was. I found one shoe store and they had a nice Jordan selection, but NO DUNKS, actually, NO SB'. Not Good. There are alot of restaurants and hotels, so it makes me feel like Savannah is strictly for visiting and not living. The people are nice. I was walking around and this lady stopped me and asked me if I just moved here. I told her I did and she asked me if I love "Back to the Future." I said I did and she told me where to find the delorean from the movie. I thanked her and gave her my name. She gave me hers and said she would facebook me (I have no idea why). Oh yea, one of my classmates said that there are alot of bums in Savannah, maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but I swear I ran into only 4 and they all said hello and asked for nothing! I really don't see the violence in Savannah that everyone talks about. To be continued...

1 comment:

Franki said...

That is a really amazing moment you had in life. A stranger who showed you kindness and where to find a "Back to the Future" car.

By the way, Kyle got his glasses for his birthday. :)