Thursday, July 10, 2008

DON'T FLY U.S. AIRWAYS!!!!

I am NEVER flying U.S. Airways again! Two nights ago I booked a flight to RDU to ATL to leave @ 8:10om. Today, IU worked an 8hour shift and got off of work @ 6pm. I know I was cutting it close, but I made it to the airport in time. I got in line, printed my ticket, checked my luggage, went through security, and caught a shuttle to my gate. Once I get to my gate it's around 7:45 and @ 8pm they announce that the flight was being moved to 9:30pm. When I booked my flight, I set it up so that in case something like this happened they would call me. Noone called, it wasn't hap'nin'. I had a connecting flight in Charlotte and they then told us that we may or may not make that flight since we would get there pretty late. I then think about staying in Charlotte and just having my girlfriend pick me up and drive back to RDU...again, not hap'nin', she said there was a tornado warning and that we would all be in the air...whatever. Along with 30+ other people we were then told that all of us had to go BACK TO THE TICKETING DESK FOR RE-BOOKING!!!! Pissed! This means I have to go all the way back to where I started. So I walk back and I get in the fuckin' "trail of tears" line and wait...and wait...and wait. 45 minutes later I approach some guy from a red stripe commercial and ask for my luggage and my money back. This cocksnot tells me that it wasn't possible, that my bag is on the plane, and that I have to pick it up in RDU...I'm sorry...my "destination...boo-ya-kha." He then gives me a ticket for another flight leaving the next morning at 7:15am. On the Marta line, the airport is the last stop and my apartment is the first. In addition, I don't have a car so I have to walk to the station, which means getting up hella early and being there at 5am to make my flight in time and connect in Charlotte. What a day!! So I decided to write this down and post it on my blog. So I find an information desk and ask for paper and a pen that I could have. He was more than helpful with the paper, but when I asked to have the pen he looks at me like I asked for permission to urinate on his desk. Is a pen that serious? He then tells me that I can't have the good one, but I could have the one that he found earlier that day. With a smirk I grab the pen, thank him, and commence to beating him to a bloody pulp in my mind. Now I'm on the train and I'm exhausted. I now realize that my contact cleaner, deodorant, and toothbrush are all in my bag heading to Charlotte, therefore, I won't be going to sleep tonight. U.S. Airways is inconsiderate and totally oblivious to what it's customers have to go through just to catch a flight...Fuck them!!!!

No comments: